Friday, September 9, 2011

Good bye, Buddy...you are missed


Buddy

Buddy was the animal companion of Richard Cook, a fixture of the Hawthorne community who was often seen at the corner of 38th and Hawthorne chatting with people or just hanging out.

On August 24, 2011, Buddy was shot dead by transit officer Aaron Dauchy[more will be posted on Dauchy here when I have time]

Mr. Cook was arrested but has since been released. Feel free to leave your comments and condolences. Comments will not be moderated for now.


Memorial at Hawthorne and 38th

Video made by Taborhood






Read more at:

http://portland.indymedia.org/en/2011/08/409945.shtml

Images from http://targetingcops.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

  1. your were a good friend! goodbye buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry... :'(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure I met Robert Cook and Buddy sometime, probably to give him some change, lol. This is unbelievably sad. I hope someone is looking after Robert during his loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. His name is Richard, though he may also be named Robert, I don't know. He is doing OK. I live just up the street from his "roost" on Hawthorne and see him often. His loss prompted me to create the video above. There was a huge outpouring of support for him locally, hundreds stopping to console him and support him during his grieving over the past weeks. Not to diminish his loss of Buddy, but Richard survived Viet Nam. I think we will survive this OK.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Asylum Avenue Media
    Thank you for your comment and corrections. The blog has been updated accordingly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am so angry and saddened by the murder of buddy. i hope that you can find serenity again, richard, after this terrible loss. i am glad to hear that you have the support of many caring people. take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found this site on Google. It was excellent and very informative. As a first time visitor to your blog I am very impressed. I found a lot of informative stuff in your article. Thanks for posting. obituary

    ReplyDelete